Friday, August 23, 2019

Singer 15-31 1948

8/23/19
About a month ago, I impulse bought a vintage sewing machine.
So FUN

I will not post tips or links to vintage sewing machine supplies or repair tips.
I will suggest you seek out the Facebook group Vintage & Antique Singer Sewing Machines & Products


It needed a little bit of work: tension, bobbin winder, presser foot pressure.
Eventually, it will need to be rewired (I have got to get up in there and grease the speed control knee lever - it squeaks like a Halloween prop.
It does need a bit of cleaning and oiling, but I'll do that after Labor Day.

Here are random photos of the machine and me fixing it up.









I also have a  copy of the Singer Sewing Book from 1949. Right at the beginning is a sketch of the exact machine I have in the exact cabinet!
How cool is that?!


No comments:

Post a Comment