Thursday, October 12, 2023

Sporty blouses

 Looks like a knit polo, doesn't it?

SURPRISE

It is woven.

Those sneaky 1930s people.


I'm not even going to add buttons. I love a woven pullover.

I use these shirts for work - quilting cotton (Sew Classic from Joann) that is cheap and lasts well for about 2-3 years of constant washing and wearing and assault from glitter and cardboard boxes and so on.

I added width to the bottom of the yoke by splitting the yoke on either side of the center and adding a wedge. Since I did not have enough black fabric left over to recut the yoke (or collar, to which I added a little bit) I just stuck strips of fabric in there.



The added width makes the sleeves fit better (already had to make them quite a bit bigger around) and there is less pulling across the back. 

I have two black ones and one white one. The other white one was finished before I figured out the yoke problem even existed so it will just go for scraps.



No comments:

Post a Comment