I love a classic blouse, and I don't think it gets more classic then this.
I'll apologize here for the lousy pictures. But I keep waiting until I get really good pictures (in my picky opinion) before I'll finish a post. And I am so behind! So cope! I will!
I made two of these in a sleeveless version last summer, and this season I finally got around to trying out my re-sized long sleeve pattern. It was good!
I generally followed the pattern instructions, but used an overcast seam finish to neaten the inside.
At a 40" bust measurement, which is my _high_ bust measure, the shoulders, collar, and armscye fit well. The bust shaping comes from gathers at the front yoke and tucks at the waist.
I compensated for my larger-than-pattern waist by leaving out the waist tucks, although I did pin them in while admiring the blouse on the dressmaker's form. The dressmaker form never sits down, and so never encounters the splodge effect of excess pounds at the waist!
I had not added length to my sleeveless versions, and they were just too short for modern rise pants. So I added some length to the body as well as the sleeves for this version.
I used some modern embossed plastic buttons, and buttonholes made with my Singer Featherweight buttonhole attachment. The buttonholes, despite adding interfacing, are a bit floppy in this fabric, so I think in the future I'll make proper bound buttonholes. Or maybe the thick embossed buttons were not a good choice.
I might lengthen the sleeves another 1/2" but they fit well enough now. The cuffs could stand to be an inch larger, so I stitched the buttons very close to the end of the cuffs.
I left the pockets off the long sleeved version since my pocket placements on the sleeveless ones somehow seem not perfectly placed.
I used a nice Swiss dot fabric, which will be cool and comfortable for summer (or hot flashes!) but is more sheer than I usually choose.